Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Process

Like I mention previously I originally started this back in 2013. I kept playing around with the composition and how to direct the viewers eye. I really wanted to keep a circular motion through out the whole composition. But once it started to snow outside, this drawing went on the back burner. In fall of 2014 I started back on it. I felt pretty good with the direction and decided to stick with it through the snowy months. 

After I was happy with the composition and characters, I brought it into Photoshop and started to outline and ink it. 

I originally colored it with just flat colors and black shadows with white highlights, which is how I use to color a lot of my art.  After talking to a buddy of mine, he mention to try to do a cool and warm tone to the image. I couldn't  have agreed more! I started over and looked for reference a little bit for ideas and color tones.

I colored it in RGB which I quickly found out was a big no no. I touch a little bit in my last post on the difference between RGB and CMYK, and the issues I had with the printing being to dark and the colors changing with different monitors. 

After a week or two of a break I decided to try to salvage what I could and fixed the coloring in CMYK. The good thing is, the CMYK coloring turned out better then the RGB did, so it wasn't a giant waste ha!

This illustration took me a long time but it was worth it, I'm very happy with the way it turned out and also the things I picked up along the way, such as a new coloring process. Here is the final piece again.
Thanks for stopping by,


No comments: