Monday, October 13, 2014

Pirate Update

I was finally able to make some progress this weekend on the Pirate illustration I'm working on. Which came with good news and bad news. The good news being I laid all the flats down.



The bad news is the whole grey value idea didn't pan out the way I planned. The colors showed up a lot darker then I thought they would for the most part.


Some of it because of the flat colors I choose, the others because of the grays I choose to be in the image. Also I'm not sure I really like how soft the shadows are, but that's just a personal opinion. I talk to a few people who mention there are different ways to approach or use the grey tone I created, but I think for the moment I'm going to go with the way I usually render a image. Which I was able to knock out the characters yesterday in.


 So, I don't think this is a failure, but more a learning experience. Maybe I'll attempt the grey tone idea again on a smaller, less busy drawing and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for stopping by,

-Tim

No comments: